Friday 27 May 2011

Thoughts

As the penultimate day draws to a close I can't help but wonder how we got this far. At times during the first few days I thought crikey we haven't even scratched the surface. There was one particular moment that seems to be implanted in my head when we were in Bristol. We came across a map of Britain which was roughly three times the size of your average person. I scaled the map several times up and down and it made our heroic efforts over the ever undulating landscape of Cornwall and the Dartmoor hills look worthless. A steady approach however is the only way to do these things. I tended to focus on small term objectives i.e. Get to lunch or just get to the next place of rest and so on and so on then finally I find myself with just 38 miles to go.

In many ways it will be good to draw the trip to a close purely on the basis of tiredness but on the other hand it's been the greatest test and adventure of my life. I'm not sure what the feeling will be tomorrow when reach the finish line but whatever happens it will be a moment savour!

No comments:

Post a Comment