Monday 16 May 2011

Day 3 - Moretonhampstead to Street

Longest ride so far today - just over 72 miles - so just a short update as I'm very tired and in need of some sleep!

Google Maps Link

All the climbing yesterday was certainly felt in my legs as we set off this morning - straight into more ups and downs, including a particularly nasty 20% gradient incline (see photo from Nige below!). We did have an exciting long run downhill through a forest though, where I saw 4 young deer literally leaping across the path in front of me before scampering off into the trees.

YouTube Video

We also said goodbye to Devon today - that's 2 counties down already (and I'm hoping the two hilliest). Devon had some amazing scenery, and some great roads - going to take some beating, but guess we have a long way to go yet!




Location:Street

1 comment:

  1. You've just gone through my old neighbourhood! Went to college in Street

    ReplyDelete