Thursday 19 May 2011

Day 6 - Ironbridge to Warrington

73 more miles behind us, and we're now properly in The North.

Google Maps Link

Today has been good to me, being mostly flat so giving my knee a bit of a rest after the trauma of yesterday. It has also been one of the warmest days so far (apart from being a bit chilly when the wind blows), and was really pleasant making our way through the Cheshire countryside with the sun on our backs.

We got about as close as we are going to get to my home county (Staffordshire), and I was quite excited to see signs to Stoke (but no oatcake shops in sight!)




After the unexpected (and welcome) surprise of seeing my parents last night, my dad kindly came to the rescue with a solution to my knee problem.... almost. After tracking down some in-sole things for my cycling shoes, he made his way to Nantwich where we stopped for lunch to drop them off. Unfortunately, after he left, I discovered that the shop had put the wrong size soles in the packaging. Very frustrating!



Time for bed now. Have just been informed that we're meeting at 0640 tomorrow for an early start to avoid rush hour traffic out of Warrington!

Location:Warrington

No comments:

Post a Comment