Thursday 26 May 2011

Day 13 - Spean Bridge to Dingwall

Today was always going to struggle to match the fantastic ride yesterday, and the ever present rain made for a pretty bleak 65 miles.

Google Maps Link

I'm getting quite tired of setting off in rain, and today it seemed to be more persistent than any other day, with hardly any let up. Pretty miserable.

There was some nice scenery again, but I got the feeling we missed out on a lot due to the lack of visibility. Nessie may well have been swimming in her Loch right next to us - we wouldn't noticed with our heads down pedaling through the rain!

I also didn't take a single photo today - hence the plainness of this entry. Stopping off to take snaps wasn't going to get us any closer to our destination and out of the rain! To make up for this, I've included a photo and link to something that has been playing around and around in a few of our heads today....




The Family Ness

You'll Never Find a Nessie in the Zoo

On the bright side, after today's ride we are now only 120 odd miles from our end point - wooo! Looking at a map and seeing how far we have traveled is quite something now!

And even better, the forecast is looking better for tomorrow and we may get our first rain free day since arriving in Scotland - fingers crossed!!

Location:Dingwall,United Kingdom

3 comments:

  1. Chin up, Chris. We'll wake up tomorrow in the sunshine, and tootle along by the coast for a few hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been on this path of life for so long 
    > Feel I've walked a thousand miles 
    > Sometimes strolled hand in hand with love 
    > Everybody's been there 
    > With danger on my mind I would stay on the line of hope 
    > I knew I could make it 
    > Once I knew the boundaries I looked into the clouds and saw 
    > My face in the moonlight 
    > Just then I realised what a fool I could be 
    > Just cause I look so high I don't have to see me 
    > Finding a paradise wasn't easy but still 
    > There's a road going down the other side of this hill 

    > Never forget where you've come here from 
    > Never pretend that it's all real 
    > Someday soon this will be someone else's dream 

    > Been safe from the arms of disappointment for so long 
    > Feel each day we've come too far 
    > Yet each day seems to make much more 
    > Sure is good to be here 
    > I understand the meaning of "I can't explain this feeling" 
    > Now it feels so unreal 
    > At night I see the hand that reminds me of the stand I make 
    > The fact of reality 

    > Never forget where you've come here from 
    > Never pretend that it's all real 
    > Someday soon this will be someone else's dream 

    > We've come so far and we've reached so high 
    > And we've looked each day and night in the eye 
    > And we're still so young and we hope for more 
    > But remember this 
    > We're not invincible, we're not invincible - No 
    > We're only people, we're only people 
    Hey we're not invincible, we're not invincible 
    So again I'll tell you 

    Never forget where you've come here from 
    Never pretend that it's all real 
     Someday soon this will be someone else's dream

    Sing that tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man up & wingeing about the rain Chris!

    ReplyDelete