Monday 16 May 2011

Day two.

Wow, today was the best long distance bike ride I've ever done... Awesome.... OAR-SUM!

I've never been one for hills, there just aren't any where I live.. you have to seek them out. Knowing that today was over 2000 metres of climbing made me a little apprehensive. My usual style is to power up the hills and recover at the top, that's just my style and works in the my area because the hills se few and far between. Today,my bike was either pointing up or down... hardly any flat. I managed to maintain some discipline and take it easy. I'm really pleased with how my body coped; everyone did a great job today.

The day started as per the first picture. Slow. The uphills were tough and the downhills were on narrow dusty little lanes, not wise to open up. I've never used the small gears and the brakes so much in one day.

After lunch we faced Dartmoor, a 300 metre climb to the top of the first peak. Yorky and I were breezing up until he got a puncture... I was keen to make the top without stopping so I carried on and met everyone at there. Very satisfying being able to take it at a decent pace. Fantastic scenery, would definitely go back, maybe without a bike!

After conquering Dartmoor, there were some phenomenal downhills. Still a few lumpy bits to get over but it was easier, faster riding. I leathered it towards the end finished up with my legs spent. Hopefully they'll be alright tomorrow.

Cake count is off the radar! Lost count... I reckon at least four, and I'm restating day one's as two (Finance always do it, so why can't i) as there were actually two scores. That makes 6 cakes in total :)

Still no punctures for me, 4 for the group.

Bianca was also awesome today... I'm so proud :)



No comments:

Post a Comment