Thursday 19 May 2011

Day Six

More miles consumed, our heading is simple. Directly north to get us through this part of the country ASAP.

Today was the flattest by far... but there wasn't much energy in the team. Was all a little lethargic, even my own body not able to sustain a high cadence for long. With the slow pace I wasn't needing to focus on turning the pedals or breathing, so my mind wandered... distracted...

The pic shows the best part of the day, cruising through some lanes with Tom and Yorky in full flow.

Feeling the miles now, my legs collapsing under me when I stand up at times. Tomorrow should be better, North past Lancaster, a beautiful part of the country. The group still debating the hard route, or the easyish route. We'll see how people feel in the morning.

Saturday is rest day. Am thinking of getting checked in for a massage at a local spa.

Two cakes today, not much need for the energy for todays route. Must be about 20 in total now. Not bad for a week in the saddle.

Must sleep, need some R & R.


No comments:

Post a Comment